Monday, July 19, 2010

I’ve Fallen Off the Bandwagon and into a Pile of Doughnuts

I had a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup at lunch. It was big, it was gooey from being warmed in the summer sun and it was delicious.

Now I feel fat.

Thanks a lot Reese’s!

A couple of weeks ago I felt on top of the world! I had just completed my first boot camp and the results were awesome. I had lost inches around my chest, hips and thighs and I felt full of energy. I felt like all that hard work had paid off and my fitness goals were within reach. I felt so positive about my progress that when the boot camp ended I thought it would be ok for me to take a little break. It started with me skipping going jogging in the mornings and sleeping in instead and continued with me skipping swimming at the end of the day to go out and see movies and has now resulted in me indulging myself far to often in sweets! I haven’t gained the inches back yet, but I feel like they’re lurking just around the corner behind that ice cream cone that’s calling my name.

I’ve fallen off the fitness bandwagon and landed in a pile of doughnuts!

How did I achieve so much and then fall so far? It just doesn’t seem fair. Summer is a cruel time of year for dieting… there are BBQ’s to go to and ice cream to cool you down. And every time I say it’s the last time I indulge there’s always another friend with another invitation to a pool party or patio bash that I can’t say no too. How can I turn down a party with friends AND potato salad at the same time!? Some people think fall and winter with their Thanksgiving and Christmas feasting are the most difficult times to diet, but I disagree. Christmas and Thanksgiving happen once (with feasting sometimes lasting a weekend). Summer lasts at least two to three months with constant BBQing and summer fairs to tempt you.

Today, after my run in with the Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup at lunch, I put my foot down. No more excuses! I will clamp down on a healthy diet and begin my regular exercise regime again. Jogging every other morning, swimming in the evenings and football with Scott when he’s not working… I shall not weaken! Then I remembered I’m spending this weekend with my “in laws”. *Gasp* the champions of over eating and the heralds of processed foods, how am I supposed to go head to head with them in their own habitat? I wonder how long I can last before I break my resolve and give in to the pre-packaged macaroni salad and strawberry pie. This is going to be one interesting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment